EDUC8 to build resilience
EDUC8 is an interdisciplinary, multi-track project conceptualised to build resilience in children and young people against radicalisation and polarisation through religious education in secondary schools and out-of-school settings.
A religious education program
A curriculum for secondary schools that will be available on web/tablet platforms.
Teacher-led in-class discussions to cultivate dialogue and appreciation of the other.
Exchanges between students from different faith groups in form of well-planned repetitive social activities.
Aims of the project
- to equip the youth with the basics of other faiths to develop mutual understanding and empathy,
- to lay solid foundation in their own faith to make them less open to manipulation by terrorist recruiters,
- to create teacher-led in-class discussions to cultivate dialogue and appreciation of the other, and
- to build friendships among religiously diverse individuals through smart encounters.
Strengths of the Project
The project is promising in that it:
- targets the most vulnerable age group, young people.
- builds transferrable capacity that can be used in school, prison, social work and work settings.
- does not point fingers to Muslims, giving the message that they are seen as risk for the society.
- The main colour of the project, storytelling is a crucial tool to develop overall personality and an age-old tradition to relate values.
- Its modular structure makes it easily replicable in all member states (MS) with language adjustment.
+32 (0) 2 801 13 57-58
Davincilaan 1, 1932 Brussels Belgium
© 2020-2023 All Rights Reserved
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Internal Security Fund — Police under grant agreement No: 871090.